The Webby Awards list of the 10 most influential Internet moments of the decade:
– Craigslist online classified site expands outside San Francisco (2000)
– the launch of Google AdWords (2000)
– the launch of online encyclopedia Wikipedia (2001)
– the shutdown of file-sharing site Napster (2001)
– Google's initial public offering (2004)
– the online video revolution led by YouTube (2006)
– Facebook opens to non-college students and Twitter launches (2006)
– Apple's iPhone debuts (2007)
– the use of the Internet in the US presidential campaign (2008)
– the use of Twitter during the Iranian election protests (2009)
The 14th annual Webby Awards are to be announced in April 2010. They reward excellence on the Internet in a number of categories including news and other websites, interactive advertising and online film and video.
Sent from my BlackBerry Wireless Handheld from M1.