Lavender – (Lavandula angustifolia) is the most versatile of all essential oils. Therapeutic-grade lavender has been highly regarded for the skin. Lavender has been clinically evaluated for its relaxing effects. It may be used to cleanse cuts, bruises and skin irritations. The fragrance is calming, relaxing and balancing — physically and emotionally.
1. Rub Lavender oil on the feet for a calming effect on the body.
2. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on your palms and smooth on your pillow to help
3. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop itching and
4. Put 2-3 drops of Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease pain.
5. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to stop the bleeding.
6. Mix several drops of Lavender oil with V-6 Vegetable Mixing Oil and use
topically on eczema and dermatitis.
7. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on
the end of the tongue or around the naval or behind the ears.
8. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of Lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it
around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle
of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until
the bleeding stops (do not freeze the lip or gum).
9. Rub a drop of Lavender oil over the bridge of the nose to unblock tear ducts.
10. Rub Lavender oil on dry or chapped skin.
11. Rub a drop of Lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips.
12. To reduce or minimize the formation of scar tissue, massage Lavender oil on
and around the affected area.
13. Rub 2 – 4 drops of Lavender oil over the armpit area to act as a deodorant.
14. Rub a drop of Lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help
alleviate the symptoms of hay fever.
15. Rub several drops of Lavender oil into the scalp to help eliminate dandruff.
16. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a cotton ball and place in your linen
closet to scent the linens and repel moths and insects.
17. Place a drop of Lavender oil in your water fountain to scent the air, kill
bacteria and prolong the time between cleanings.
18. Place a few drops of Lavender oil on a wet cloth and throw into the dryer,
which will deodorize and freshen your laundry.
19. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a cold sore.
20. Diffuse Lavender oil to alleviate the symptoms of allergies.
21. Spritz several drops of Lavender oil mixed with distilled water on a sunburn
to decrease pain.
22. Drop Lavender oil on a cut to clean the wound and kill bacteria.
23. Apply 2-3 drops of Lavender oil to a rash to stop the itching and heal the
24. For pink eye, rub a drop of Lavender oil in a circle around the eye – over
brow bone to temple to top of cheek bone to bridge of nose. (Caution: do not
get too close to eye or on eyelid. It’s not harmful but discomfort may occur.)
Oils and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Information provided here is in no way intended to replace proper medical help.
Consult with the health authorities of your choice.
The above was shared by a good friend of mine