If you have finished drafting your marketing plans for 2013, make sure you slot it some promotional merchandise. Research shows consumers who received some free stuffs are more likely to do business with you. Google corporate gifts and you will get lots of company’s information. Remember there is usually a minimum order quantity. So make sure ask for a quote and give some allowance for some budget for them. The more you order the cheaper it gets. If you come from large organization, look up Alibaba.com for quote. Here you may need to order in thousands but you will find the price is ridiculously cheap. The key factor her is to find something novel and useful. This will motivate your customer to use it therefore they will keep it. This should be your objective.
Some popular promotional merchandize:
- Tissue packets – very popular in Singapore
- Pens << these are really popular
- Post it notes
- Reusable Eco bags, you can print your companies logo and addresses
- Pen-drive/ USB drive
- Key holders
- Fridge magnet with calendar
- Shatter proof mugs
Let me share some ideas on how to use them effectively:
- Goodies bags – throw in some of your product brochures, pens and post it notes inside a Eco bag
- Mail out calendars to all existing customers
- Print a calendar at the back of business card, so people will find a use for it
- USB Drives makes a great door gift
- Run free giveaways on your Facebook page
- Include a promo/discount code with your promotional gifts, this gives your customer an incentive to initiate a business relationship with you
- Do not offer a gimmick, be honest and open.
- Always evaluate your response rate
- If you are selling cakes don’t giveaway an iPad. Find some relevancy
Let me wish you all the best in 2013. Happy New Year!